New Acquisition from the Episcopal Church Building Fund

The Episcopal Church Building Fund has transferred thirty­-five years of board meeting records to The Archives of the Episcopal Church.  This acquisition joins other ECBF records in the Archives, expanding the holdings to more than 37 cubic feet. Along with board records spanning 1880 to 2007, the collection includes loan files tracking parish expansion, reports, publications, photographs, and albums that document the Episcopal Church’s changing methods of stewardship of parish assets. 

The General Convention established the American Church Building Fund Commission as an agency of the Church in 1880 to support in the growth of the Episcopal Church. The Commission assisted with the financing of building, improvement and repairs of the churches and other parochial buildings. In 1974 the agency’s name was changed to the Episcopal Church Building Fund, expanding its services by providing planning and financing consultations, helpful guides and workshops for congregations.